- The Plaxis Bulletin 33rd issue is out now March 27, 2013
- Material Parameter Datasets for Sheetpiles and Beams February 25, 2013
- Validation examples now via the Knowledge Base February 14, 2013
- Plaxis head office reopened from new location January 02, 2013
- New Release: PLAXIS 2D 2012 December 10, 2012
- New Years Discount! November 26, 2012
- Update: PLAXIS 3D 2012.02 November 19, 2012
- European Plaxis Users Meeting in full swing November 15, 2012
- Plaxis Bulletin Issue 32 October 17, 2012
- Update for PLAXIS 3D 2012 September 28, 2012
First PLAXIS Workshop on earthquake geotechnical analysis in Paris
The first PLAXIS Dynamic workshop with special emphasis on earthquake geotechnical analysis has been successfully organized in Paris in collaboration with Terrasol, Plaxis agent for the French market. This one-day event took place on May 24th, 2012 in Terrasol's head office and was fully-booked.
The content of the course covers the basic functionality of PLAXIS 2D regarding dynamic analysis as well as lectures on the practical use of PLAXIS 2D for earthquake geotechnical analysis with topics such as; appropriate choice of dynamic stiffnesses, practical rules for damping definition, boundary conditions, meshing, and calculation of dynamic impedance.
Application examples were also provided and were related to 1D site response analysis, pseudo-static analysis of a tunnel.
Finally, recent advances in the field of modelling liquefaction based on a recently performed benchmark were presented to the audience.
Following the success of this edition, Plaxis is considering offering this workshop on a more regular basis.